Rio Perdido Hotel and Thermal River is the centrepiece of this 600-acre private reserve. This 150-foot, thermo-mineral gorge that draws energy from deep magma flows, will cast its spell on anyone that descends to its magical waters for the first time. It’s a completely natural and inspiring setting, unlike any other place on the planet.
Hotel Category: Fist Class Lodge 4****
Río Perdido is the centerpiece of this 600-acre private reserve. This 150-foot, thermo-mineral gorge that draws energy from deep magma flows, will cast its spell on anyone that descends to its magical waters for the first time. It’s a completely natural and inspiring setting, unlike any other place on the planet.
Bungalows have different designs; however all of them offer the same features and amenities. The 36m2 (400sq ft.) bungalow consists of a cosy but very comfortable bedroom, bathroom, and an elevated terrace. The rooms have two twin beds on industrial rollers. This design allows them to be brought together so as to form a king-sized bed. One of these beds also has a trundle underneath, which is perfect for a third adult or a child. The bungalow can accommodate couples, solo adventurers, parents with up to one child (4 -11 years old) and a baby or toddler (0-3 years old), or parents with one older child (12 years or older).
The terrace was designed to be an ideal place for sitting back, reading a book, enjoying a fresh drink, or simply admiring the landscape from a comfy hammock. The terrace is integrated with the entry, so you are lured into the delightful environment from the get-go.
Rooms are equipped as well with high-speed wireless Internet, cable TV, and a high-efficiency air-conditioning system.
The hotel is proud that 90% of its team is from Bagaces, a county that has not seen much tourism.
The allure of Rio Perdido comes from its socially-conscious tourism. The hotel participates in local festivals and they have been investing time and funds with the local municipality (Municipalidad de Bagaces).
Even though pure water is bountiful at Rio Perdido, the hotel still considers it its most precious resource. They have deep wells and natural springs that access a practically unlimited source of hot water. Beyond the comprehensive testing that they have carried out with important laboratories and government agencies, they are conscious of our natural resources and thus will never significantly tap into the reserves of its wells.
As far as powering their project, it is worth noting that 100% of electrical energy comes from the Miravalles Geothermal Power Plant. Furthermore, even though the cheapest and easiest option for backup energy is diesel-powered generation, they have chosen to rely on natural gas for backup supply, even for kitchen appliances and laundry equipment. Natural gas not only burns cleaner, but it also relies on a quieter combustion mechanism than diesel does.
Rio Perdido Hotel and Thermal River is a wonderful hotel and location to relax and enjoy Costa Rica. The rooms are clean and modern. You have your own bungalow, so it feels very different from most hotels. The main dining room is gorgeous and the food is great. The thermal pools are so incredible- not commercial or touristy- just wonderful for soaking in some warm water and relaxing. It is magical. This place is a very special spot; It has lots of activities but is also very quiet and relaxing. There is not a lot around, so plan to be isolated here for a few days.
- Two twin beds or a king-sized bed, upon request
- Additional “trundle” twin bed
- Flat-screen smart TV, with premium IP channel feed and multiple slots
- Hair dryer
- Iron and ironing board, upon request
- Free wireless internet
- New-generation, high-efficiency air conditioning
- Telephone with IDD
- Smartphone or music player base (30-pin and 3.5mm inputs)
- Safety deposit box
- Cribs available, upon request
- Two accessible rooms (compliant with ADA and Costa Rica law 7600 regulations)
Natural thermal pools
- Breakfast a la carte -included in rate
- Free parking and transfer to the hotel and main building
- Laundry and ironing service
- Tour and concierge at front desk
- Craft and convenience shop
There is not a lot around, so plan to be isolated here for a few days.
Prices & Facts
Holiday Season Valid From: 12/15/17 to 12/31/17
Mid Season Valid From: 01/01/18 to 01/15/18
High Season Valid From: 01/16/18 to 03/24/18
Holiday Season Valid From: 03/25/18 to 03/31/18
High Season Valid From: 04/01/18 to 04/30/18
Green Season Valid From: 05/01/18 to 06/30/18
Mid Season Valid From: 07/01/18 to 08/31/18
Green Season Valid From: 09/01/18 to 11/30/18
Mid Season Valid From: 12/01/18 to 12/14/18
From $253.00 USD in double room.
San Bernardo de Bagaces, Guanacaste
GPS coordinates: (N 10 35’54.2″, W 085 11’53.4″)
Breakfast à la carte
Items of personal nature
Green Season Specials
Travel dates: May to June 30th 2016 or September 1st to November 30th,2016
Breakfast and dinner included in the rate.
Terms and conditions
- All guests must be 18 years of age or older to register and must present photo ID upon check-in.
- Check-in time is as of 3:00 pm and check-out time is by 12:00 noon. If check-out after this hour, a $10.00 fee will be charged for each additional hour up to 6:00 pm.
- Check out later than 6:00 pm will be charged the prevailing rate for the full night, given the availability of rooms.
- Breakfast served in main restaurant is included in the rate. Room service breakfast has an additional charge.
- All modifications and cancellations, must be sent in writing (via fax or e-mail)
- The request must indicate passenger’s name, quantity of people (adults and children), check in and check out dates, room type.
- Pets are not permitted unless otherwise indicated, with the exception of seeing-eye dogs.
- Room preferences and special requests (i.e. bed preference and location) are not guaranteed and are subject to availability at check-n time.
- Cancellations are effective on the date that a written notice is received via fax or email.
- If a refund is applicable per the policies, the corresponding amount will be refunded.
- Refunds, if applicable will be made upon receipt of written cancellation; refunds will be made as per the following:
- No charges will apply for individual room reservations (up to four rooms reserved for the same dates) cancelled 30 days or more prior to the scheduled arrival date.
- No charges will apply for reservations of five rooms or more for the same dates that are cancelled 45 days or more prior to the date of arrival. If a 5+ room reservation is cancelled between 30 and 44 days prior to the arrival date a 50% penalty fee will apply.
- A 100% charge well apply for individual or group reservations cancelled within 30 days before of the scheduled arrival date. Of course, this applies to no-shows as well.